17 March, 2007

Bavaria’s Last Snows?

.
.
. A color picture or a black-and-white picture?!
Photo: © Daniel De Granville, 2006


Yesterday I got an e-mail from Judith Schnaubelt, a journalist friend who lives in Munich, just loves Brazil and interviewed us during our project in Germany. Needless to say, one of the subjects that she brought up was global warming.

A view from the roadside at Bavaria
Photo: © Daniel De Granville, 2006



The forecast today says it will snow in Bavaria this weekend. We are already in mid March, but this is only the second time that it snows over there this winter! It’s hard to believe that at the same period, exactly 12 months ago, I was taking such pictures...


Sunrise at the Alps, border between Germany and Austria
Photo: © Daniel De Granville, 2006


I wonder if they will worth more in some years, not necessarily due to their artistic quality, but for being rare records? I guess that only time will tell...



Street lamp post with a "cold" lamp bulb
Photo: © Daniel De Granville, 2006



(During the next two weeks I will be at Iguassu Falls on a photo assignment for Itaipu Binacional – if I have the time and internet, I’ll keep you posted!)


”Snowmobile”!
Photo: © Daniel De Granville, 2006

.
.
.

No comments: