24 January, 2008

Spiders in my Backyard (again!)

.
.
.One little, two little, three little spiders...
Photo: © Daniel De Granville, 2008


A couple of weeks ago I posted a story here in FotogramaBits about a Brazilian Wandering Spider who decided to take a stroll in our garden. Well, last night one of its relatives (a wolf spider of the genus Lycosa) dropped by for a visit – and this time with a bunch of babies on its back! I obviously registered the event with my camera, but despite the fact that this spider can be dangerous, I was more worried that it wouldn't drop a baby on the way than about getting bitten...

Now, changing subjects, I’d like to recommend a peculiar website that I came across (tailor-made for photographers and cat lovers): this German lady places automatic mini-cameras on her cats’ collars, who inadvertently register their walks through the neighborhood. The idea isn’t exactly new – the so called critter cams have been used by the National Geographic and other companies, but I never heard of them on house cats...


... a whole bunch of little spiders!
Photo: © Daniel De Granville, 2008

.
.
.

No comments: