17 December, 2007

A great photographer has left us...

.
.
.Fritz Pölking (1936-2007) os assignment in the Pantanal
Photo: © Daniel De Granville, 1997


Last week I received the sad news about the passing away of German nature photographer Fritz Pölking, with whom I had the great pleasure and privilege of working when I was taking my first steps into photography, ten years ago. In 1997, Pölking spent some days at Caiman Ecological Refuge (Pantanal of Brazil) producing images for his stock. I joined him as a guide and also had the chance of taking photos, some of which using his own lenses.

Caiman giving its babies a ride, image made
during my work with Fritz Pölking
Photo: © Daniel De Granville, 1997


The time spent with Mr. Pölking has greatly influenced my professional choices and the way that I take photographs nowadays, so I’m very thankful to him and am sure that his talented legacy will be a reference in nature photography for years to come. Better than words, his images speak for themselves and can better explain what I mean.


A message from Mr. Pölking...
.
.
.

No comments: